Saturday, August 26, 2017

Iron Thirst: Coming Soon!

Don't forget to follow me at A Life Created.





Back in 2008, I went to DragonCon for the first time. It was an unique experience, as I had never been to any type of convention. I didn't know what to expect. But, I definitely didn't expect what would happen once it was over.

I made some comment about wouldn't it be cool if someone wrote a book about vampires going to DragonCon and taking their costumes off. They could just be free, because they would blend in with all the people in their glorious cosplays. Next thing I knew, I was building characters, plots and dialogue. Something I had never done. I always wrote, but never really fiction.

It took about a year to write the original version of the book, another two years to learn about writing books, and several edits later it still lives only on a hard drive. But that will soon change.
I want to set it free into the universe. It doesn't have to live in my basement anymore. I don't expect it to go anywhere, but I feel like it should have a chance to fly. Tons of people helped me grow this little thing, and Felicity, Bristow, and Blake want a chance to have their voices heard.
cover

I tried to have it published about six variations ago, and had a bit of success when I tried again about two versions ago. It is now drastically better, because I poured hours and hours into editing it time and again. However, I don't really care about trying to have it published by a major house or anything like that. I've put enough energy into it, and now I just want to let it go so I can move on to other things.
I'm self-publishing through Amazon. I'm currently cleaning up the formatting so it's easier to read on a tablet. I'm only going to do an ebook for now, and I might have it printed before the next DragonCon. Who knows?

It's not overly deep, it's not even that great, but it's fun. Lol. Yep, that's my pitch.

Alright, alright, let me try that again.

It's a funny, murder mystery, with a love story that doesn't take itself too seriously. The story is told from two points of view. Bristow, a sarcastic forensics biologist, who has been tasked to keep an eye on the vampires that are swarming DragonCon, and Felicity, an awkward girl, who decides to step out of her boring life and into the magic of this pop culture convention. Of course, dressed as a vampire. Neither knew exactly what they were getting into.

I'll keep you posted on when it is released. I'd love for a few more people in the world to get to meet these people that currently only live in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment