I love visiting resale and antique shops. Stepping into one of these stores is like time travel or a hidden treasure hunt. It's a great way to spend the day. The last time I went to "Kudzu" in Decatur, GA, I brought my camera with me. The pictures turned out great and gave me lots to play with when I got home. I still have about a hundred photos that I haven't even touched yet. Here are a few to share.
1. Spotlight Dancers - This was a wood cut out that was propped up against the wall. The paint was very faded, so I went with black and white and added the spotlight.
2. Many Hats - I used a lens to enhance the reds, and play down the other colors.
3. Retro Fireplace - I used layers to make everything black and white with the exception of the fireplace, artwork, desk, and fan. The fireplace was this color. An amazing retro piece.
4. Green Room - Just a great space. I didn't have to do much here. The colors were fabulous together. I ran it through a cross process to give it more of a retro feel.
5. Going Places - I love this photo. It's one of my favorites. I ran it through a earth tone filter, and then applied a hot wax coating. Really proud of how it turned out.
I hope you enjoyed these. Let me know what you think!